Passport number/National identity card number:
That gardeners and cleaning operators (public and / or private) use leaf blowers to sweep in areas near my home, which generate a sound pressure level of approximately 107 dBs, as stated on their identification plates. They continuously accelerate and decelerate their petrol engine, creating large amounts of dust and unbearable noise which has a detrimental impact in our nervous and respiratory systems (aggravating existing conditions like asthma).
As a consequence this environmental pollution affects us in many ways:
• The noise damages our ears and our nervous system.
• We breathe the gases released by the motor of the leaf blower, with the consequent damage to our respiratory health.
• We breathe the particles spread by the dust cloud the machine creates, which may contain among other harmful microorganisms, those from the faeces and urine of rats and mice, sputum, vomiting and where Hantavirus could be found.
• Spanish Law 37/2003, of November 17, on Noise be enforced.
• That under the protection of the Spanish Constitution. Chapter three. Article 45. Of the guiding principles of social and economic policy. Everyone has the right to enjoy an environment suitable for the development of the person, as well as the duty to preserve it. Public authorities will ensure the rational use of all natural resources, in order to protect and improve the quality of life and defend and restore the environment, relying on the indispensable collective solidarity. For those who violate the provisions of the preceding section, in the terms established by law, criminal or, where appropriate, administrative sanctions will be established, as well as the obligation to repair the damage caused.
• This is a petition to the Council to take responsibility in this matter and put an end to this unhealthy and anti-ecological method of cleaning streets.
Date and signature
His Excellency Mayor of the City Council of:www.spix.ml